|Wonderful ID by .|
Hi there! My two Swiss friends and I have well arrived and are well installed in our new home for eight months in Ottawa! We live with ten other people in a house, shared on three floors. Canadian people are really nice and helpful and it's gonne be a great time being here I think.
Aaaaand I got tagged by my dearest , so here am I. Be afraid.
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4. Choose 10 people and put their icons in your journal.
5. Not something like "You are tagged if you read that".
6. You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
7. No tag-backs.
8. You can't say that you don't do tags.
9. You MUST make a journal entry!
Facts: (these are personal affirmations, don't feel aimed for.)
1. Gluttony is and has always been my hardest vice to endure. If you want a fun example I have plenty of them. I'll only give one : when I was little my mother used to feed me cherries carefully picked from the tree and pitted ; she then wondered how the stone could possibly still be found in my diaper. She didn't understand that the time she needed to do all this was way to long for the glutton little me. I was simply eating other uncared ones under the tree without her seeing me.
2. I am constantly frustrated of not being able to do so many things - and still am too lazy / yellow-livered to do them. For example play an instrument (especially the violin / cello / guitar / piano / banjo) or exercise more.
3. I actually still believe I'll be able to do them once in my life. I think thinking that way is actually what keeps me being lazy. I should definitely change that.
4. I lovebeing at the University to learn about anything - yet I hate having to stress so much about successing. Life shouldn't be that way.
5. My actual philosophy of life is to learn the more you can and appreciate the beauty of every tiny little thing you're given to see / hear / smell / feel. A bad day can become a good one just by encountering a wild hare or being given a smile by a baby in the bus.
6. One of my biggest actual concerns is the way most of us live that comfortable "modern" life while so many still die everyday of malnutrition or thirst / are victim of the war. We see and hear so many things on the radio and tv that we're like impressed while we hear them ; and then our regular day goes on and we forget about it. We choose to concentrate on what makes us live so comfortably. We forget the true essence of life, we forget how to love. We don't know what pain is. We think we're hungry when the regular lunch time comes, when the bell rings. We keep being focused on ourselves and our little electronical baby (phone) while sitting in the bus surrounded by so many people we could talk and share experience with. And that's only a part of the concern I think every single one of us has. So I will stop here for that.
7. I hate myself for being one of those people described above and not being able to pull out my earphones and smile at the stranger. I still hope being able to do so someday.
8. I hate the idea of a world that's not able to change until everyone of us wants to make a change and actually gets involved. Contradictorily this keeps me uninvolved - and I hate myself for that again.
9. I've always loved animals and the first answer I gave to the question "What will you do when you'll grow up" was to become a farmer. So that I could clean the horses' stable and feed them and take care of them. I still hope to have one when my life is all settled up (and again, that's entirely conflicting what I just said - I keep jumping from one perspective to the other. And it nerves me.)
10. I'm pretty sure many of you will hate me after reading this journal <3
Questions by Lupuna
1. A song that you are listening to a lot at the moment and of which you know (or hope) that it will always remind you of this summer.
I think it would be "As it seems" or "We all grow up" by Lily Kershaw. Both evocate much in me both on the artistic (musical and lyrics) and personal sides. She's an artist who is amongst my favourites on the moment - and an other special person's as well. So you can figure that means a lot to me. But if you asked like one month earlier it would be "Wayfaring Stranger" from the Broken Circle Breakdown. Btw if you haven't seen this movie this far, guys please just do. It has something so special.